Anything Like Fraps for Mac, Here are 5 Best Alternatives You Should Know
If you want to capture gameplay or onscreen activities, Fraps is the universal Windows app that can be used with game using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. How about the Fraps for Mac for real-time video capture and benchmarking? Just learn more about the 5 best Fraps for Mac alternatives you should know from the article.
Part 1: Is There Anything Like Fraps for Mac
Just as the mentioned above, Fraps is an excellent screen capture software that show how many Frame Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. When you are looking for the Fraps for Mac alternatives, here are some important features you should take into consideration.
- Real-time video capture that enables you to record the videos while playing your games, taking part in the conferences and more.
- Record video and audio files with Fraps to AVI format, which can larger than 4GB with the original video/audio quality.
- Capture the videos at diverse FPS rate and quality and record multiple audio devices with Windows operation system.
- Easy to use and user-friendly software to take screenshots and capture videos with just one click of a button.
Part 2: 5 Best Fraps for Mac Alternatives
It is a pity that Fraps does not have a Mac version now. When you want to find the Fraps Mac alternatives for your MacBook, you can learn more about the 5 recommended apps as below.
Top 1: Vidmore Screen Recorder for Mac
- Record all on-screen activities, including video, audio, webcam and more.
- Tweak the frame rate, audio/video format, audio/video quality, volume, etc.
- Set up the recording preset, schedule recording, recording length and time.
- Add real-time drawing, mouse effect, text, arrow, watermark and elements.
Step 1: Once you have installed the Fraps for Mac alternative, you can launch the program on your MacBook Pro. It has the advanced recording features to capture all on-screen activities.
Step 2: Go to the Vidmore Screen Recorder menu, then you can choose the Preference option. Tweak the different parameters, such as the video format, video codec, frame rate, etc.
Step 3: Back to the main interface, choose the Video Recorder menu and tweak the recording area. Select the Audio Recorder menu to enable the System Audio or Microphone.
Step 4: After that, you can click the REC button to record the Mac onscreen as the Fraps Mac alternative. When you recorded all the file, you can click the red stop button to get the desired file.
Top 2: SnagIt
When you want to record a quick video, capture horizontal scrolls, or even make a GIF file with a series of screenshots, SnagIt for Mac is a simple and powerful Fraps for Mac alternative.
- Delay capture to record menus, contextual menus, splash screen and more.
- Attractive callouts and markups, such as customizable arrow, bubble, etc.
- Keep track of recent captures and auto-storing that save the recording.
- It costs US$274 to purchase the bundled version for all the features.
- Complicated to master all the features of the Fraps for Mac alternative.
Top 3: OBS
OBS is the screen recorder, streaming software and video editor as the Fraps for Mac alternative. You can work with multiple sources, mix between them and creates one seamless broadcast.
- Powerful gameplay, online video recording, streaming and editing suite.
- Get a wide selection of source option to customize the screen recording.
- Incorporate footage from games, add in existing videos and still images.
- The Fraps for Mac alternative is not stable to record the screen and audio.
- It requires more patience to learn all the features than the other programs.
Top 4: QuickTime Player
When you want to get a simple Fraps Mac alternative to record Mac screen or connected iOS devices, QuickTime Player is the screen casting software to capture the desired video and audio with ease.
- It is more than a screen recorder, but also the default media player for Mac.
- Record the screen of your MacBook as well as the connected iOS devices.
- Upload the recorded video or audio files to social media websites directly.
- Limited features to record the screen of your Mac, such as trim or editing.
- Cannot record the audio files from system sound without 3rd party apps.
Top 5: Screen Grabber Pro Mac
Screen Grabber Pro Mac is another Fraps Mac alternative to record and capture the screen activities with ease. It enables you to record computer screen, capture audio files, annotate your video and take snapshots.
- Record audio files, capture videos, add webcam and take snapshots.
- Create schedule task to record and video and audio files as desired.
- Edit and enrich the screen recording files with text, watermark, etc.
- Provides the basic recording features, cannot tweak the frame rate.
- Cannot create recording presets for the video and audio recording.
When you want to record some gameplay or tutorials on your MacBook, what should be the best Fraps Mac alternative? The article shares the special features of the Fraps as well as the 5 best alternatives to record the Mac screen with ease. If you have any query about the Fraps alternative for Mac, you can share more details in the comments.