10 DVD Audio Extractor Programs Worth to Use for PC and Mac
How to extract audio from DVD? All you need is a powerful DVD audio extractor solution. Sometimes, you may just want to rip audio from your DVD movie and use as the background music of your blog or video tutorial. It is also a way to make personalized ringtones for your mobile device.
Fortunately, there are a lot of programs that have the capacity to rip DVD into various audio file formats. If you have no idea which is the best one, read the introduction and review in this article and you can make the best decision.
Part 1: Top 5 Freemium DVD Audio Extractors
Top 1: Vidmore DVD Monster
Price: Start from $29.95
Vidmore DVD Monster is an awesome way to extract audio from your DVD on your computer. As a desktop program, it has extensive benefits, such as stable. The flexible design can meet the need of both average people and tech savvy.
- Convert any DVD movies to audio files including commercial discs.
- Support a wide range of audio file formats, like MP3, M4A, WMA, etc.
- Extract the entire audio or only a clip from DVD.
- Batch handle multiple DVD video files at the same time.
- Offer custom options for advanced users to change.
- It is a desktop program, so you need to install it to your computer.
How to Extract Audio from DVD
Step 1: Ge the best DVD audio extractor
As mentioned previously, you need to download and install the best DVD audio extractor to your machine. Then insert an optical disc into your DVD drive, and launch the software. Click Load DVD to Load DVD Disc and select your disc to scan media data.
Step 2: Pre-listen to DVD audio
After scanning, click the View/Select Title button and check the DVD videos you want to use. If you are not sure, select all of them. Then they will appear in the media library. Here you can preview the video file. To only extract a clip from a video, click the Cut icon to open it in the Cut window. Now, reset the starting and end position to remove unwanted parts.
Step 3: Extract audio from DVD
Expand the Rip All to drop-down list at the top right side, then go to the Audio tab and select the desired format. Next, head to the bottom area, click the Settings button to activate the Preference dialog. Go to the Ripper tab, set the Output Folder based on your situation, and click OK. Finally, click the Rip All button to start extracting audio from DVD.
Top 2: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is another easy way to extract audio files from your DVD. Similar to other professional software, it help you to produce audio files with the original quality from your DVD movies.
- Utilize GPU acceleration to speed up the process.
- Support more than 350 media formats including MP3.
- Offer free-trial before you purchase the software.
- It is expansive.
- The DVD audio extractor includes some useless features.
Top 3: ImTOO DVD to Audio Converter
As its name indicates, ImTOO DVD to Audio Converter is a dedicated tool to convert DVD to audio files. It can extract audio from DVD for playing on computer, iPhone or other portable devices.
- Load DVD movies automatically.
- Convert to audio files from any DVD videos.
- Available to both Windows and Mac OS X.
- This DVD audio extractor has not been updated since 2015.
- The interface looks outdated.
Top 4: DVD Audio Extractor
Freemium means you can download the software for free and purchase it after the free-trial. DVD Audio Extractor is free to try for 30 days, and then you can decide whether to buy it.
- Extract audio stream from your favorite DVD.
- Save DVD audio files as OGG, MP3 or FLAC.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- This DVD audio extractor does not have audio editing tools.
- It is expansive compared to the features.
Top 5: DVDFab DVD Ripper
Price: Start from $54.9
DVDFab UHD Ripper is another professional tool that can help you extract audio files from your favorite DVD movies. If you prefer to all-in-one solution, this DVD audio extractor is a good option.
- Rip your DVDs into audio or video files.
- Support a variety of audio formats, such as MP3.
- Keep the original quality of DVD audio files.
- This DVD audio extractor is a part of toolkit, so you need to purchase the entire tool.
Part 2: Top 5 Free DVD Audio Extractors
Top 1: VLC
As a media player, VLC is popular around the world. Besides, it offers extensive useful features including extract audio from your DVD collection for using or listening later.
- Rip audio files from DVD for free.
- Available to Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Provide extensive custom options.
- This DVD audio extractor is hard to master.
- It needs libdvdcss to rip protected DVDs.
Top 2: Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is not only a media file converter, but also able to rip audio and video from DVD. At first, it needs the payment, but now you can use this DVD audio ripper for free.
- Rip DVD to audio files for computer or mobile.
- Offer basic custom options, like sample rate.
- Support a wide variety of output format.
- It takes longer time to rip a DVD.
Top 3: Format Factory
Format Factory is a versatile file converter program. It allows you to view ads to exchange all features including rip DVD into audio files.
- Extract audio from protected DVDs.
- Allow you to change bitrate and other parameters.
- Equip a user-friendly interface.
- The output quality is poor.
- You have to rip DVD to video and convert video to MP3.
Top 4: Vidmore Free Online Video Converter
If you do not want to install software on your hard disk, Vidmore Free Online Video Converter can help you to extract audio from VOB online, which is the DVD video file format.
- Save VOB as MP3 or other audio formats online.
- Process multiple VOB files in batch.
- Completely free to use.
- It cannot edit audio.
Top 5: Online Audio Extractor
Online Audio Extractor(https://audio-extractor.net/) is the DVD audio extractor of 123APPS. It can rip VOB videos into audio files online for free. Unlike other web apps, it does not have file size limit.
- Convert VOB to MP3, WAV, M4A, OGG or FLAC.
- Support one-click audio extracting.
- No requirement of installation.
- There is no custom options.
- You cannot preview VOB files.
Now, you should master top 10 DVD audio extractor programs and applications. Some of them work crossing platforms, like VLC. Others are only available to Windows, such as Format Factory. On the other hand, Vidmore DVD Monster is the easiest way to rip DVD into audio files on computer. More recommendations or questions? Feel free to leave your message below this post.