DVD Player Not Working on TV - Here is the Ultimate Troubleshooting You Should Know
What should you do to fix DVD Player not working on the RCA TV? Whether you have the external DVD drive, or TV/DVD combination, you should clean the DVD player, run a laser lens cleaner, or even change the connector cables to troubleshoot the problem. Is there any other method you should try? The article also shares 4 efficient methods to solve the build-in DVD player not working on a TV from the article.
Part 1: How to Fix DVD Player Not Working on TV
Solution 1: The Routine Process to Fix DVD Player Not Working on TV
Whether it is a TV and DVD combination, or an external DVD Player, there are some basic processes when the DVD player does not display a picture. Just check out the details to fix the DVD player not working on a TV.
- Clean the DVD and shake the rag off the DVD player to loose any dust.
- Play another DVD to make sure the problem is not caused by the disc.
- TV and DVD player should be set to utilize the same type of video signal.
- Insert a laser lens cleaner into the DVD tray to have a deep clean.
- Cooldown both devices if you have played the movies for several hours.
Solution 2: Check HDMI Connect to Fix DVD Player Not Working on TV
If the DVD Player not showing on TV, then the incorrect connection between your DVD player and the smart TV could be the major problem. Below are the detailed steps of connecting your DVD player with the TV.
Step 1: Find the HDMI output in your DVD player.
Step 2: Connect one side of the HDMI cable to your DVD player.
Step 3: Connect the other side of the HDMI cable to your TV.
Step 4: Launch the DVD player and select the corresponding input with your TV remote.
Note: If you have an old DVD player, the method might not work because there may be no HDMI output on the back.
Solution 3: Check DVD and TV Line to Fix DVD Player Not Working on TV
If your DVD or TV line is not set properly, you might encounter the situation that the DVD player won’t work on TV. In that case, you need to adjust the line input of your DVD player or TV.
- Press the LINE, TV/VCR, VIDEO, or the Input Select button on the remote to your TV or VCR to change the input.
- Change both your TV and VCR input settings to find whether the DVD player works with your smart TV.
Solution 4: Check the Compatibility to Fix DVD Player Not Working on TV
When you have some homemade DVDs in AVI format, which is different from the most frequently used MPEG-2, or latest MPEG-4 standard. The DVD player will not work on a TV as for the case.
Instead, you can use the DVD for a computer with a professional DVD player.
Vidmore Player is a multi-featured media player. It allows you to play all video and audio formats, DVDs, Blu-rays, 4K videos, and more with lossless quality. When you have homemade DVDs in AVI, DVD folder, ISO files, and more, it is the all-in-one DVD player you can take into consideration.
- Play DVDs, both homemade and commercial, on PC and Mac.
- Provide a navigation menu to head to the desired chapter easily.
- Take a snapshot of your favorite image during the movie playback.
- The user interface is intuitive as well as friendly to the users.
Part 2: FAQs about DVD Player Not Working on TV
1. How to Play a DVD on TV?
If you want to play a DVD on TV, you need to connect your DVD player to the TV first using the connecting cable. Just input the cable to corresponding ports according to the color. (White, yellow, red, blue) Then you can launch both your DVD player and the TV and put your DVD in the DVD player.
2. Why does My DVD Not Fill the Screen?
Because the DVD was recorded in an aspect ratio that is different from the TV’s ratio, you can press the Menu button on the remote control and select the Picture option. Then select the picture size option. There will be several options. Just choose the most appropriate one.
3. What Kind of Formats Does a DVD Player Support?
The MPEG-2 format is the most used video format for DVDs, which is compatible with all DVD players. And other formats that are more acceptable by most DVD players are MPEG-1 format, DVD+R/-R Formats, DivX, VOB, AVI, MKV, etc.
This article introduces 4 workable solutions to settle your trouble of the built-in DVD player not working on TV. Just follow the process to fix the related problem accordingly. Of course, you can use Vidmore Player on your computer to play the homemade DVD with AVI format.