5 Best Skyrim SE Recorders Available to Windows and Mac OS X 2020
This article is going to share top 5 best methods to record Skyrim SE. According to Steam, Skyrim Special Edition, also called Skyrim SE, was the winner of more than 200 game of the 2016 Year Awards. It brought the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail. The SE version includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons with new features, like remastered art and effects. It makes sense that you want to capture your gameplay and share on Twitch. If you are just looking for a Skyrim SE recorder, you are at the right place.
- Top 1: Vidmore Screen Recorder
- Top 2: Game DVR on Windows 10
- Top 3: Bandicam
- Top 4: ScreenFlow
- Top 5: FRAPS
Top 1: Vidmore Screen Recorder
No matter you are average people or tech savvy, Vidmore Screen Recorder can meet your need of Skyrim SE gameplay recording, such as use with ease, produce high quality recordings, and more.
- Record gameplay on your desktop in a single click.
- Add your reaction and voice to the gameplay recording directly.
- Enhance video and audio quality automatically while recording.
- Lightweight and optimize the performance based on your hardware.
- Offer extensive custom options and bonus tools for advanced users.
Briefly speaking, it is the best Skyrim SE recorder for Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS X.
How to Record Skyrim SE on PC
Step 1: Install the best Skyrim SE recorder
When you want to capture your gameplay, download and install the best Skyrim SE recorder to your hard drive. Then launch it and choose Video Recorder from the home interface.
Step 2: Record Skyrim SE simply
There are four options in the interface. Only record the gameplay, turn on Display and System Sound while turn off Webcam and Microphone. Set the recording area based on your game, like full screen. If you want to add your face and voice to the gameplay recording, enable Webcam and Microphone as well. Press the Gear icon to trigger the Preferences dialog. Here you can customize output format, hotkeys and more options.
Now, play Skyrim SE on your computer, and hit the REC button to start recording it. During the process, you can add painting, text, and shape on the recording with the Pen tool.
Step 3: Preview and save gameplay
When gameplay is done, click the Stop icon to open the Preview window. Now, view the recording and remove unwanted part with the Clip tool. Finally, hit the Save button to export the gameplay recording.
Top 2: Game DVR on Windows 10
At first, the Game DVR feature is the pre-installed gameplay recorder for Xbox. Now, Microsoft has introduced the Skyrim SE recorder into Windows 10. It means that you can use it on PC without installation or payment.
- Totally free to use without any limit.
- Work on a wide range of games including Skyrim SE.
- Save gameplay recordings as HD MP4.
- Support webcam recording while capturing gameplay.
- It can only save recordings in MP4.
- It is only available to Windows 10.
Top 3: Bandicam
Though this Skyrim SE recorder has three modes, it is designed for gameplay recording primarily. This mode is able to produce high quality recording videos. It offers both a free version and a paid version, but advanced features are only in the latter.
- Record Skyrim SE in full screen or any aspects.
- Produce high quality output once enter the game mode.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/8.1/7.
- It is not available to Mac. (Get Bandicam for Mac here.)
- It lacks video editing features.
Top 4: ScreenFlow
ScreenFlow is a versatile Skyrim SE recorder for macOS and Windows. After recording your gameplay, you can edit it on the timeline and decorate with text, shapes and more. Though you have to purchase the recorder, it is worth to use.
- Capture anything on your screen including gameplay.
- Put the recording to the timeline directly.
- Include extensive video editing tools.
- It is large and has the lagging issue.
- It is pretty pricy.
Top 5: FRAPS
FRAPS is another option to record Skyrim SE on PC. You can make impressive gameplay videos with the help of OpenGL and DirectX graphic technology. Now, the Skyrim SE recorder released new version to make gameplay recording easier.
- Get complete information while recording game.
- Capture audio along with the gameplay.
- Offer basic custom options.
- The free-trial only records for 30 seconds.
- It has not been updated since 2013.
- It does not support Mac computer. (Get FRAPS for Mac here.)
Now, you should master at least top 5 Skyrim SE recorder programs for Windows and Mac OS X. As a popular game, you can find a lot of related gameplay videos on YouTube and Twitch. If you want to record your gameplay, you will need a proper game recorder. Vidmore Screen Recorder, for example, is a smart option. More questions? Please leave a message below this post.