5 Best WMV to DVD Converters to Burn WMV to DVD (Free and Professional)
If you have a large collection of WMV files for a recent trip to your Windows 10, how to burn WMV to DVD for free as a backup? Of course, there are dozens of free WMV to DVD converters to burn the DVD disc, which is the suitable one for you? Especially when you need to maintain the original aspect ratio and resolution of the high definition of WMV files? Just learn more about the 5 recommended WMV to DVD converters from the article now.
Part 1: The Professional WMV to DVD Converter
Vidmore DVD Creator is a professional MWV to DVD Converter, which provide an easy method to burn WMV to DVD, Blu-ray disc, ISO and folder within clicks. It provides advanced features to edit the videos, personalize your DVD with free menu templates and even advanced DVD tools for video quality, chapters and more.
- Make DVD from WMV, MKV, MP4, AVI, MTS and more other video formats.
- Edit the DVD file with the built-in video editor before burning WMV to DVD.
- Customize the menu frame, button style, and its text content, font, size, etc.
- Advanced tools to customize file quality, add subtitles and create a chapter.
Step 1: Download and install the WMV to DVD burner, you can launch the program on your computer. Select the DVD Disc option and click the Add Media File(s) button to import the video file into the program and click the Next button to continue.
Step 2: When you want to edit the videos, you can click on the Power Tools button to edit the video and audio files, add subtitles, clip the file, merge chapters, set thumbnails, adjust video effects or even add watermark before creating a DVD disc.
Step 3: After that, you can also select the menu template or customize the template to adjust the button, or title for your DVD file. Just choose a desired Menu Template menu to choose a preset, or even customize one from the Custom Template menu.
Step 4: If you are satisfied with the DVD project, you can click the Burn button to enter into the Settings window to select a destination, make burn settings, and select playback mode. Then click the Start button to start burning WMV to DVD to your requirement.
Part 2: How to Convert WMV to DVD with Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is the default method to convert WMV to DVD for free. The DVD authoring program enables you to create DVD videos and slideshows for playback on DVD players. Just combine WMV videos, audio files, photos and other files to DVD as below.
Step 1: Launch Windows Movie Maker on your Windows 8/7 and click the Choose Photos and Videos button to load the WMV files as well as the other photos by clicking on the +Add items button.
Step 2: Click the Options button on the bottom-right corner to set DVD aspect ratio, burner speed, video format, and temporary file location. Once you have set up the desired parameters, click the Next button to continue.
Step 3: After that, you can choose the desired menu style, change the menu text, customize the menu and even create a slideshow. Just click the Preview button to check WMV videos to DVD disc within Windows Movie Maker.
Step 4: If you are satisfied with the output, you can click the Burn button to convert WMV videos into DVD. It might take a period of time to create a disc within the program if you have already inserted the DVD disc.
Check how to solve Windows Media Player not playing DVD
Part 3: 3 More Free WMV to DVD Converters
1. DVD Flickr
DVD Flickr is a qualified WMV to DVD converter that enables you to create ISO files and burn DVD disc. It has a neat interface with a detailed tutorial on DVD burning. You can also add subtitles and audio tracks to each title.
- Support more than 45 file formats, 60 video codec and 40 audio codecs.
- Burn any video file to DVD with menu, subtitle without any limitation.
- Convert your project of WMV to disc after encoding without any charge.
- Cannot get a stable DVD disc, like audio and video are out of sync issue.
- It lacks of some video editing features to customize the DVD disc.
2. WinX DVD Author
WinX DVD Author is a free WMV to DVD burner that you can burn WMV files into DVD with subtitle and menus. Moreover, there are options to convert the WMV videos into VOB, then compile it to DVD_Video_TS folder.
- Support different menu settings, subtitles and more others within clicks.
- Create a VOB file that can be compiled to DVD_Video_TS folder later.
- Download the videos from YouTube to computer for burning DVD disc.
- It takes a period of time to launch the WMV to DVD burner program.
- Cannot load all the MP4 files, or too simplistic to handle more tasks.
ImgBurn is a special WMV to DVD burner that enables you to burn DVD, HD DVD, CD, and Blu-ray image within simple clicks. If you just need to backup the WMV files without editing for free. It should be your choice.
- Supports several types of formats like BIN, CCD, CDI, CUE and so on.
- Burn the WMV to ISO files into re-writable disc instead of a DVD disc.
- Tweak the WMV files, labels, set restrictions, and make bootable image.
- Write ISO images on discs, not on flash drives or other removable disks.
- Consume a large period of time to make 1GB of files with more than 1 hour.
Part 4: FAQs about How to Convert WMV to DVD
1. What is WMV Format?
WMV format is short for Windows Media Video format, which is a video compression format developed by Microsoft Corporation for handling video contents on personal computers. It uses Microsoft’s Advanced Systems Format container format that is similar to ASF files from Microsoft.
2. How to Convert WMV HD to DVD with High Quality?
In order to maintain the high quality of the WMV file for the DVD disc, you can burn the WMV into a data CD or a Blu-ray disc instead. When you convert WMV to DVD, it is limited to 480P Max resolution. Even if you use the HD DVD, you might only save the video to 720P.
3. Can You Download Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10?
If you want to choose Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10, you are not able to find the WMV to DVD burner on your PC. As a part of Windows Essential 2012, it is no longer available for download. Websites that offer free download of Movie Maker is not offering the real thing, the download may contain malware, viruses or hidden costs.
The article shares 5 frequently used methods to convert WMV to DVD. Of course, you can use the free WMV to DVD converters, such as Windows Movie Maker, but there are lots of limitations, such as compatibilities with Windows 10, editing features and more. Vidmore DVD Creator is one of the most professional WMV to DVD converter to burn the DVD disc as desired. Just free download the program to get the DVD disc in clicks.