How to Quickly Convert AVI to MOV Online/Offline
AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is a multimedia container format developed by Microsoft for Windows programs like Windows Media Player or Windows Movie Maker. While MOV is developed by Apple for its Mac OS and the QuickTime application. So it can be restricted to play AVI video files on Mac computer. And you can neither play AVI on QuickTime nor edit it in iMovie or Final Cut Pro. Whenever you need to convert AVI to MOV for different purposes, you need a good video converter that can help you finish the work quickly with high quality. Here we will introduce 5 easy-to-use video converters for you to convert AVI to MOV online or offline.
Part 1. Convert AVI to MOV for Free Online
1. Vidmore Free Online Video Converter
Vidmore Free Online Video Converter enables you to easily convert all video and audio formats with no quality loss in 3 steps for free. It works well on both Windows and Mac OS. The supported video and audio formats include MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP3, FLAC, M4A and more.
- Totally free and easy to use.
- There is no limit on the file size you can upload.
- Support almost all popular video and audio formats.
- Batch conversion is supported.
Check steps below to convert AVI to MOV online for free.
Step 1. Open your web browser and navigate to https://www.vidmore.com/free-online-video-converter/.
Step 2. Click Add files to convert and you will be asked to download a small launcher. Download and install it on your computer.
Step 3. Now go back to the web page and click Add files to convert again to upload the AVI video file from your computer. You can add one or more AVI files simultaneously. Then choose the output format as MOV.
Step 4. There is a Settings icon next to your video file, you can click it to adjust profile settings. Then click “Convert” to choose the folder where you want to save the converted MOV file and start the conversion process.
2. Online Converter
- This free online converter allows you to upload file or enter source URL alternatively.
- You are also allowed to clip video by setting the video start time and end time.
- After the AVI is converted to MOV, this free online converter allows you to share the MOV file to Facebook, Twitter and more social media platforms. You can also send the converted MOV file to your phone.
- You can only upload an AVI video file up to 200MB.
- You can only convert one AVI file once a time.
Converfiles.com is a web based file conversion process that also enables you to convert AVI to MOV for free. You just need to upload the AVI file and select MOV as the target file format, then click on the Convert button.
- You can upload an AVI file or download an AVI file from a URL, then convert it to MOV.
- The web page interface is simple and easy to use.
- After conversion is finished, this free online AVI to MOV converter can send a download link to your email.
- Batch conversion is not possible.
- There are several sources where you can upload your AVI file, you can drag file, choose file from computer, enter URL, upload AVI file from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- You can change various video and audio settings before converting AVI to MOV.
- You can only upload one AVI file once a time.
- You are allowed to rename the output MOV file, but you need to sign up and log in to activate this function.
Part 2. How to Batch Convert AVI to MOV Quickly Offline
If you are looking for an offline powerful AVI to MOV converter, Vidmore Video Converter can be your ultimate choice. It’s a comprehensive and professional multi-format video converter that supports 200+ video and audio formats.
- You are able to convert various AVI videos to MOV simultaneously.
- This AVI to MOV desktop converter offers users over 100 presets for all popular devices, including the latest models of iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Sony PlayStation, TV and more.
- You have full control on video quality. It can preserve the original quality of your AVI video, including those in 1080p HD and 4K Ultra HD.
- With the world’s most advanced acceleration technology, you can convert AVI to MOV at 50x faster speed.
- There is a built-in lightweight video editor in this AVI to MOV converting software, which enables you to trim, rotate, crop video, edit video effects, enhance video quality, add personal watermark to your video and more.
Learn how to convert AVI to MOV offline with Vidmore Video Converter.
Step 1. Free download, install and launch this AVI to MOV Converter on your Windows or Mac computer.
Step 2. Click Add File at the top-left corner to add one or more AVI files to the software.
Step 3. Click the drop-down in the Profile column and choose the output format as MOV. Or you can search MOV in the search box directly.
Step 4. Choose a path to save the converted MOV file.
Step 5. If you need to edit the AVI video before converting it to MOV, just click the Edit option to enter the Edit interface and rotate, crop, enhance or watermark the video according to your need. You can also change video effects by adjusting video volume, brightness, contrast, saturation and hue.
Step 6. Finally click the Convert button to start converting AVI to MOV. You can see the conversion process in the main interface directly.
Wait for a while and you will get the converted MOV files with high quality.
We have recommended 4 easy-to-use free online AVI to MOV converters and one desktop video converting program in this post. If you only need to convert one or two AVI files to MOV from time to time, it’s enough to use a free online video converter. But if you need to batch convert video formats and edit video effects frequently, you’d better use Vidmore Video Converter to do the work offline.