How to Convert WAV to MP3 – 5 Best Methods You Should Know
When you need to use the WAV files on iPhone, Xbox and other MP3 players, how to convert WAV to MP3 with the original quality? WAV is an audio format with a number of tracks, sample rate, bit depth, as well as the uncompressed RAW audio data. Instead, MP3 is a compressed audio format with fast decoding, which supports nearly all hardware audio players.
In order to convert WAV to MP3 for free, set up the optimal parameters for the output MP3 audio format, or even use the best WAV to MP3 audio converters directly on smartphones, you can read on the article and choose the desired one according to your requirement.
Part 1: Professional Method to Convert WAV to MP3 with Ease
MP3 is an audio format with widespread acceptance. When you need to convert WAV to MP3 with the desired sample rate, channels, audio bitrate, or even convert WAV files with the original quality, Vidmore Video Converter is the most comprehensive WAV to MP3 audio converter that supports more than 200 file formats.
- Convert WAV to MP3, ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, MP2 and more other formats.
- Personalize the video and audio files with trim, rotate, crop, enhance, etc.
- Support hardware acceleration of NVIDIA CUDA, NVENC, Intel and AMD.
- Preserve the original quality of your video and audio, including 4K files.
Step 1: Download and install Video Converter
Once you have installed the Video Converter, you can launch the WAV to MP3 converter on your computer. After that, you can click the “Add File” to load the WAV audio files you want to convert into the program.
Step 2: Choose the MP3 as the output format
Click and unfold the “Profile” menu and choose the “General Audio”, you can select the “MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)” to convert WAV file to MP3 audio format accordingly.
Step 3: Set the parameters for output MP3
Go to the “Settings” menu, you can adjust the Audio Settings, such as the “Encoder”, “Sample Rate”, “Channels”, and “Audio Bitrate”. You can always set up the parameters as desired.
Step 4: Convert WAV to MP3 as desired
Choose the destination folder and click the “Convert” button to transcode the WAV to MP3. When the whole process done, you can click the “Open Folder” to get the converted MP3 files.
Part 2: How to Convert WAV to MP3 via Free Online Video Converter
Is there a method to convert WAV to MP3 online for free? Especially when you need to convert audio files with the original quality, VidMore Free Online Audio Converter is the online audio converter that transcode popular audio formats, especially when you need to set the MP3 bitrate to 320KBPS with a high quality.
Step 1: Upload the WAV files online
Go to the free online WAV to MP3 converter, you can click the “Add Files to Converter” to upload the WAV files into program. Of course, you can also download Vidmore Launcher beforehand.
Step 2: Choose the MP3 format as output
Choose an output format as MP3 for the audio conversion. When you want to get an MP3 audio file with 320KBPS with a high quality, you can set up the bitrate according to your requirements.
Step 3: Start converting WAV to MP3
Click the “Convert” to convert the WAV to MP3 format. It takes a period of time for the whole conversion process. You can download the output MP3 to your computer after the conversion.
Part 3: 3 Best WAV to MP3 Converters for iPhone/Android Phone
If you just need to convert some WAV files, you can use the WAV to MP3 converters for Android phone or iPhone. When you need to convert audio files on smartphone, you can learn more 3 different converters as below.
Top 1: Infuse Pro 5
Infuse Pro 5 is the WAV to MP3 converter for iPhone to enjoy most of the audio formats, convert audio files and stream video from anywhere, and unmatched AirPlay and subtitle support.
- Play audio formats with fully certified Digital Plus, DTS and DTS-HD audio.
- Browse and play audio stored on your Mac, PC, NAS, and Cloud services.
- Stream a wide variety of audio types, such as WAV, FLAC, MP3 and more.
- Connect with track to sync watched history, submit rating and comments.
Top 2. MP3 Converter
Just as the name of the WAV to MP3 Converter, MP3 Converter is an easy and fast MP3 converter supports all major input formats, such as MP3, FLAC, WMA, OGG, AAC, APE, WAV, AIFF and more others.
- Customize frequency, bitrate, channel, time start, duration and more.
- Edit the MP3 tags, metadata, change volume and even batch process.
- Create and save your presets with a fast conversion with ease.
- Select a directory and automatically converting WAV to MP3 in batch.
Top 3. Audio MP3 Cutter Mix Converter
Audio MP3 Cutter Mix Converter is the all-in-one WAV to MP3 converter that merges audio files; mixes audio clips, changes Metadata, converts WAV to MP3, and makes ringtones for Android phone.
- Convert WAV to MP3 with different sample rates, such as 32/64/128/192.
- Change metadata tags, music album name, genre, composer, time, etc.
- Set trimmed audio as ringtone, notification tone, and alarm tone in clicks.
- Advanced editing features, audio mixing, merging, editing and converting.
This article shares the 5 different methods to convert WAV to MP3 files. When you need to customize the MP3 files, VidMore Video Converter is always the first choice. You can also take advantage of the free online converter to get the MP3 files. Moreover, you can also get 3 more WAV to MP3 converters for smartphones recommended in the article.