5 Verified Ways to Compress FLV Files
FLV is a popular video format to store media data on the Internet. When you download an FLV file from a website, it’s always large. So, if you want to share the video on different platforms or devices, you need to shrink it so that you can upload and edit it easier. This article tells you how to compress FLV files on your computer.
- Part 1. How to Compress FLV Files Losslessly and Quickly on Mac/Windows
- Part 2. Simple Steps to Compress FLV Video Size Online
- Part 3. Other 3 Ways to Shrink FLV Files Free
- Part 4. FAQs of FLV Video Compression
Part 1. How to Compress FLV Files Losslessly and Quickly on Mac/Windows
Vidmore Video Converter is a versatile video compressing tool you can consider. It can shrink FLV files while maintaining the original quality. You can also adjust various parameters of the video to enhance the video quality.
- Compress FLV video files with the toolbox compressor at high speed.
- Provides various editing functions including trimming, rotating, cropping, and adding subtitles.
- Adjust details of FLV videos to upgrade the video quality.
Step 1. Download Vidmore Video Converter on your computer. Then go to the Toolbox interface and click the Video Compressor option in the interface. Click the + to add the FLV files. You can select files in the browse window.
Step 2. The parameter window will pop up after the uploading. You can change the compressibility by dragging the dot in the interface. Then select format, resolution, and bitrate in each of the fields.
Step 3. Before compression, you can select the folder to save the export video files. Click the Save to field and you can choose a folder in the window. Then click the Compress button to start the compression. The compression only takes a few minutes.
Vidmore Video Converter can perfectly compress the FLV files efficiently and losslessly. If you want to finish the compression online for free, there is another option.
Part 2. Simple Steps to Compress FLV Video Size Online
Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor is a free online tool to reduce the size of FLV video files. Its simple and well-designed interface allows all users to master it. You can compress FLV video files fast and stable with it.
- Shrink FLV video files online with lossless technology in one click.
- Process multiple FLV video files with batch compressing function.
- Compress and convert FLV video to other popular formats.
Step 1. Go to the website of Free Online Video Compressor. Click the Compress Now button and choose FLV files in the window.
Step 2. Adjust the compressibility to reduce the size of the screen. Then change the format, resolution, and bitrate by clicking the fields.
Step 3. Click the Compress button to start the compression. The export video files will be saved in the folder.
Part 3. Other 3 Ways to Shrink FLV Files Free
CloudConvert is a free online converter that allows you to compress FLV files and transcode them to other formats.
- Compress FLV video files in high quality.
- Data security can protect your privacy.
- The interface is complex.
- Some data might be lost during the process.
It’s a cross-platform video converter. You can compress FLV flexibly with its versatile editing features.
- Support batching process.
- Free for all the functions.
- Lack of support and tutorial on the website.
- Some errors may occur when changing the settings.
As one of the most popular media players on the Internet, it enables you to preview and compress FLV videos easily.
- Optimize video and audio files on the desktop and mobile devices.
- Shrink FLV video files for free with one click.
- Video editing features are limited.
Part 4. FAQs of FLV Video Compression
1. What is the FLV format?
FLV format is used by Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR to save video and audio data and stream on the Internet. There are 2 kinds of FLV formats: F4V for H. 264 codec and open FLV for other supported codecs.
2. How can I open FLV on my phone?
Some media players on mobile devices are compatible with FLV formats. For example, VLC Media Player can be found on iPhone App Store and Google Play. You can use it to open FLV on your phone.
3. How can I convert FLV files to MP4?
You can use Vidmore Video Converter and Free Online Video Compressor to convert FLV files to MP4 online easily. You need to select output format as MP4. Then the files will be saved in MP4 format.
This article introduces you to 5 professional tools to compress FLV videos efficiently. You can use Vidmore Video Converter to shrink FLV files with lossless technology to keep the high quality. Free Online Video Compressor allows you to compress FLV files online for free. You can visit the website to download and use these tools.