How to Compress VOB Files to MP4 on Windows and Mac
If you ripped a movie in VOB files from a DVD and want to save it on your computer, it may occupy lots of storage space. So, you need to compress the VOB files to reduce the size of it. This article introduces you several verified methods to compress VOB files on Windows and Mac.
Part 1. Why Do We Need to Compress VOB Files
VOB (The Video Object) is a format to contain video and audio data, DVD menus, navigation contents, and subtitles on DVD. So, you can find the file with the .vob extension in a VIDEO_TS folder on DVD. VOB files are broken down into several files and each one of them is up to 1GB. These VOB files occupy lots of storage space since the codec of VOB files but the video quality that DVD holds is not high. To compress VOB files into smaller sizes without losing quality, you can save more storage space on your computer.
Part 2. How to Compress VOB Files and Convert to MP4 on Mac/Windows
To compress VOB files, you need a professional third-party compressing tool. And you can convert them to MP4 files since the MP4 format is compatible with most media players and it doesn’t need a large size to store high-quality media data. Vidmore Video Converter is an ideal choice for you to efficiently compress VOB files and convert them to MP4 files.
- Compress VOB files to MP4 without losing quality at fast speed.
- Editing features allow you to merge VOB files into one before converting.
- Trimming your VOB files to cut the unwanted part and save storage.
- Well-organized interface to easily finish the compressing and converting.
Step 1. After downloading and launching Vidmore Video Converter, click the Toolbox button on the main interface. Then choose the Video Compressor Tab. Click the + in the middle of the interface. Then you can select VOB files in the browse window.
Step 2. Then you can adjust parameters in the pop-up window. Select MP4 format in the field. You can change the output video size in it. And you can also adjust the resolution and bitrate in the interface.
Step 3. To start compression, you should click the Compress button at the bottom. Before that, you can adjust the folder you want to save the MP4 files in the Save to field.
Part 3. 4 Common VOB Compressors to Reduce VOB Files Size Online
1. Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor
Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor is an online and 100% free tool to compress VOB files. You can easily visit the website and finish the conversion.
Step 1. Go to the website of Free Online Video Compressor, then click the Compress Now button. You can choose VOB files to compress in the browse window.
Step 2. Then you should adjust the size you want to output. You can drag the dot to change the compressibility. You can also adjust output format, resolution, and bitrate for VOB files. Choose MP4 format to output.
Step 3. Click the Compress button to start the compression. You can find the output files in the default folder.
- Faster converting speed than other online compressors.
- Supports compressing various formats.
- Compresses without watermark.
- It doesn’t have further editing features.
It’s a versatile online tool to compress VOB files. You can use its well-organized and clear interface to finish the conversion easily.
- Provides a media library to upgrade your videos.
- Supports sharing videos on social media.
- Has various editing features including merging, cutting, resizing, and cropping online.
- It doesn’t have a free plan or a free trial.
As a simple tool that focuses on file compression, it allows you to compress your VOB files efficiently. The interface is simple so that all the users can figure out how to use it.
- It’s freeware to compress VOB files.
- Allows you to remove audio from video files.
- You can only upload files up to 500MB.
- Require a high bandwidth internet connection.
Clipchamp is an all-in-one video editing tool. Its compressing feature enables you to compress VOB files to other formats with smaller sizes.
- Compresses VOB without losing quality.
- Provides various video templates to decorate your videos.
- Supports sharing video on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- The speed of compressing is slow.
Part 4. FAQs of VOB Video Compression
1. How can I rip VOB files from a DVD?
You can use third-party DVD rippers to get the VOB files and save them on your computer. There are many free and verified DVD ripper you can download like WinX DVD Ripper.
2. How can I compress VOB files without losing quality?
Vidmore Video Converter allows you to adjust video quality before compression so that you can select the high-quality video to export. And it can minimize the quality loss of your files,
3. What is the best format to convert VOB files to?
Many video formats can contain high-quality videos in small size such as MP4, MKV, AVI, and MOV. And they are also compatible with most mainstream media players. So, you can convert VOB files to these formats.
This article provides you with solutions to compress VOB files and convert them to MP4 to save storage on your computer. You can use Vidmore Video Converter to realize this demand. You can also choose online VOB compressing freeware like Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor to reduce the size of VOB files easily and quickly. Go to the website and try it, see if it can solve your problems.