How to Burn VOB Files to Play on DVD Player – Best VOB to DVD Converters You Should Know
How to play a VOB file with a DVD player? VOB file is also known as DVD Video Object file, but you cannot play the file directly with standard DVD player. In order to convert VOB to DVD player format for safekeeping or convenient sharing and playback, you can learn more about the VOB to DVD freeware to burn a standard DVD disc. Just choose a suitable one according to your requirement from the article.
Part 1: Best VOB to DVD Converter to Burn VOB to DVD Player Format
When you need to play VOB with a DVD player, you have to burn VOB to a standard DVD, which includes DVD menu, button style, DVD captions and more others. Vidmore DVD Creator is a versatile VOB to DVD converter that creates DVD or makes Blu-ray disc/folder/ISO file from VOB files, edits the DVD videos with the built-in video editor, or even burn DVD/Blu-ray with the list of ready-to-use menu templates.
- Burn VOB to DVD, DVD folder, DVD folder, or even Blu-ray disc with ease.
- Allow you to trim, crop, rotate, enhance, add watermark, audio track, etc.
- Personalize the DVD with preset menu templates and customized ones.
- Advanced tools to create chapters, add subtitles, adjust quality and more.
Step 1: Download and install the VOB to DVD burner, launch the program on your computer. Select the DVD Disc option to create a standard DVD for DVD player. Click the Add Media File(s) button to import the VOB files into the program and click the Next button to continue.
Step 2: In order to add chapters, rotate videos, or set thumbnails for the DVD disc, you can click the Power Tools option to apply the desired effect. It has two major functions, video editing and chapter managing, which you can choose a desired tool for the effect.
Step 3: If you are satisfied with the videos within the DVD, you can select a preset menu from the Menu Template option, or even customize one of the Custom Template option. Moreover, you can also add background music, change background and more for burning VOB to DVD.
Step 4: Just have another check for the videos, you can click the Burn option to enter into the Settings window to select a destination, make burn settings and select playback mode. After that, you can click the Start button to convert VOB videos to a standard DVD.
Part 2: Top 3 VOB to DVD Converter Freeware to Burn DVD Files
1. DVD Flick
DVD Flick is a free VOB to DVD creator that takes a number of the VOB files stored your computer and turn them into a standard DVD disc, which is playback on any DVD player without any charge.
- Support more than 45 file formats, 60 video codecs and 40 audio codecs.
- Customize the audio volume, channel count, audio bitrate and more others.
- Burn your project to disc after encoding with a customization subtitle easily.
- Free VOB to DVD converter without any adware, spyware or limitations.
BurnAware is another free VOB to DVD burner, which you can add pictures, documents, videos, music, and digital photos besides the VOB files. It also makes bootable disc and ISO image files with ease.
- The dual effect of making the VOB to DVD burner easy to get around.
- Extract soundtracks, recover or erase data from some unreadable discs.
- Provide UDF partition, BOOT settings, verifying data, and session selection.
- Advanced disc spanning options and features to backup the VOB files.
(Learn more about DVD audio extractor)
3. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is more than a VOB to DVD burner freeware, but also a video converter that enable you to change the video to desired format and download the videos from YouTube files.
- Excellent and convenient video downloader and converter for VOB files.
- Cut videos into small edits, merge the files and further edit any videos.
- It's all extremely easy to use, and no specialist knowledge is required.
- Tweak the frame size, video and audio codecs, bitrate and sample rate.
Part 3: Comparison Between the Different VOB to DVD Burners
|VOB to DVD Converter||Vidmore Video Converter||DVD Flick||BurnAware||Freemake Video Converter|
|Burn VOB to DVD disc, DVD folder and ISO files.||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|Customize the DVD menu, button, template, and more.||Available||Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Tweak the video and audio codec, quality, frame rate and others.||Available||Available||Not Available||Available|
|Preview the VOB, MP4, MTS, and M2TS within the built-in player.||Available||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Add subtitles, chapter, audio track and others.||Available||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Video editing features to clip, merge and apply video effects.||Available||Not Available||Not Available||Available|
|Available for Windows and Mac||Both||Windows only||Windows only||Windows only|
Part 4: FAQs about How to Convert VOB Files to DVD Format
1. What is VOB Format?
VOB stands for DVD Video Object file, which contains the audio and video data for the contents of a DVD as well as the subtitle, menu and DVD content information. The VOB format is a multiple media container file merged and multiplexed together into a streaming format that allows you to watch the media on your computer.
2. DVD V.S. VOB, What are the Differences?
It is necessary to get to know the structure of a DVD disc when you need to convert VOB to DVD. DVD file or folder is comprised of VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder could be made empty while the VIDEO_TS folder contains several kinds of files, such as BUP files, IFO files and VOB files.
3. Why the VOB file Split into Different Clips with BurnAware?
Because the BurnAware does not have the preview features, you might not able to locate the desired part of the video clip if the VOB is too large to burn within one DVD. As for the case, you have to clip the VOB file beforehand or use the professional VOB to DVD burner, such as Vidmore DVD Creator instead.
When you want to convert VOB files on a DVD player, you can learn more about the best methods to burn DVD disc for free. Just choose a desired free solution based on the review. Of course, if you want to make a standard DVD disc with menus, buttons, chapters and more others. You can use Vidmore DVD Creator to make one according to your requirement.