6 Best MOV to DVD Burners to Convert QuickTime MOV Files to A Standard DVD (Free and Paid)
If you have taken some videos with your iPhone or iPad, you might find them videos as MOV format. How to burn MOV files to DVD on Windows and Mac with ease? When you want to play the videos on a home cinema, or simply backup the MOV files, what are the best free MOV to DVD burner should you choose? Just learn more details about the best methods to make a standard DVD disc from the MOV videos from the article.
- Part 1: The Best Method to Burn QuickTime MOV to DVD
- Part 2: 5 Free MOV to DVD Burners to Burn a DVD Disc
- Part 3: FAQs about Burning MOV File to DVD
Part 1: The Best Method to Burn QuickTime MOV to DVD
Vidmore DVD Creator is a versatile MOV to DVD converter that enables you to burn any video to a DVD/DVD folder/ISO files and even Blu-ray. Besides the basic DVD burning features, such as customize DVD menu, create a chapter, tweak output video, or choose TV standard, you can also find the video editing features within the program.
- Burn MOV and other videos to a DVD/Blu-ray disc, folder and ISO file.
- Edit the DVD video with the built-in video editor before burning to DVD.
- Offer preset menu templates, or customize one with advanced options.
- Equipped with the Intel, CUDA and AMD acceleration with a fast speed.
How to Burn QuickTime MOV to DVD
Step 1: Launch the MOV to DVD converter after installation. Choose the DVD Disc option to open the main interface. Click on the Add Media File(s) button to import the MOV files from your hard drive. After that, you can click the Next button to move on.
Step 2: To further edit the MOV videos, you can just click the Powerful Tools icon on the upper-right corner to enter the editing window. Here you can find there are two parts, Video Tools and Chapter Tools to edit the videos or create a standard DVD disc.
Step 3: Go to the Menu Template menu on the right side and choose your favorite template. You can also head to the Custom Template tab and design a DVD menu with your photos. If you do not like the DVD menu, check on the No Menu option directly.
Step 4: Check the Burn to disc option and set the options below based on your situation. Now, you can click on the Start button to burn MOV to DVD. It will utilize hardware acceleration to improve the performance and create a desired DVD disc according to your requirement.
Part 2: 5 Free MOV to DVD Burners to Burn a DVD Disc
Top 1: BurnAware
Platform: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
This MOV to DVD converter offers both a free and several premium plans. For beginners, the free version is enough to burn your MOV files to a DVD disc. Experienced users can purchase a plan to get more functions.
- Integrate a clean user interface.
- Support multilingual.
- Stable and low CPU usage when burning MOV to DVD.
- It is not compatible with Mac.
- The full functional version is expensive.
Top 2: DVDStyler
Platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
If you have limited budget but still need a full-featured MOV to DVD converter, DVDStyler is a proper choice. It is an open-source project and released by a developer team. You can burn MOV to DVD without paying a penny.
- A powerful DVD burner without any charge.
- Support MOV, MP4, AVI, and other popular video formats.
- Offer several DVD menu templates and customizations.
- It lacks video editing functions.
- The output DVD quality is not great.
Top 3: CDBurnerXP
Platform: Windows 2000 and later
CDBurnerXP is another free way to convert QuickTime MOV to video DVDs. The multi-language interface makes it popular around the world. Plus, it can create ISO file with your MOV videos for burning later.
- Make playable DVDs with MOV videos.
- Support data verification after burning.
- Lightweight and work well on old machines.
- It lacks DVD menu function.
- It is not available for the macOS.
Top 4: Burn
Platform: Mac OS X
As its name indicated, Burn is a simple MOV to DVD burner for Mac. As a compact app, it is a good starting point for beginners with a Mac computer. More importantly, you can use it for free with no ads or watermark. (Want to add watermark to video?)
- Convert MOV files to video DVD on Mac.
- Offer several custom options.
- Save structure for burning later.
- It is too simple for advanced users without customization.
- Lack of some important functions, such as DVD menu.
Top 5: Express Burn
Platform: Windows and Mac
Express Burn is a flexible method to burn MOV to DVD. The free version can meet your basic requirement. If you need to get the full-featured version, you can purchase a plan instead. Plus, the prices are affordable.
- Burn MOV to a video DVD or data disc.
- Create DVD menus and chapters.
- Make ISO images with your video files.
- It only supports limited video formats.
- Take a lot of CPU and may slow down your computer.
Part 3: FAQs about Burning MOV File to DVD
1. What is MOV Format?
MOV is an Apple QuickTime Movie file format. It can store audio, video and text in a single file with different tracks. Most Apple devices, such as MacBook, iPhone and iPad, are common devices to generate videos with MOV, partly because it is the default video format for macOS and iOS.
2. How to Burn MOV to DVD without a DVD Drive?
When you use the latest MacBook Pro, you might not able to get a DVD drive. As for the case, you can burn MOV videos to a DVD folder, or ISO image file beforehand with Vidmore DVD Creator or the related free DVD burners. Then you can use an external DVD driver or transfer to Windows PC for burning a standard DVD disc later.
3. Where Should I find the TV Standard for Burning MOV to DVD?
Which format you should use mostly depends on your location and that of your viewers. If you want to burn MOV to DVD wherever you want, NTSC is a safer choice by default. Most PAL VCRs and DVD players can play NTSC video, whereas NTSC players generally can’t play PAL video.
When you want to burn MOV videos to a DVD disc, here are the 6 best MOV to DVD converters for PCs and Mac. Of course, the freeware is attractive, because you can use it without any cost. DVDStyler, for example, can help you burn video files to a DVD for any DVD player for free. However, free MOV to DVD creators have various drawbacks. Vidmore DVD Creator enables you to create a professional DVD disc with customized DVD menu, templates, button frame and more.