4 Efficient Methods to Compress TS Files
If you ripped a movie from DVD, you may get a TS video file. And you want to save and watch it on your phone. How can you do to play a large size TS file on your phone? You need a professional video compressor to shrink the size of the TS file so you can easily save and play it on your phone.
- Part 1. How to Compress TS Video Files and Convert to MP4 Losslessly on Window/Mac
- Part 2. 3 Optional Tools to Shrink a Large TS File Free and Online
- Part 3. FAQs of TS Video Compression
Part 1. How to Compress TS Video Files and Convert to MP4 Losslessly on Window/Mac
TS files always have large sizes, and they are only compatible with a small number of media players. To play TS files on your phone, you can compress TS files and convert them to MP4 files. Vidmore Video Converter is an ideal tool to realize this demand. Its well-organized interface and advanced features allow you to compress and convert TS files efficiently.
- Compress and convert TS files maintaining a high quality of video in one click.
- Adjust parameters of TS files before compressing to enhance the quality.
- Hardware acceleration enables you to compress and convert at high speed.
Step 1. Download and open Vidmore Video Converter You should select the Toolbox on the main interface. Then choose the Video Compressor in it. You can add TS files to compress by clicking the + in the interface. You can select files in the browse window.
Step 2. You can adjust parameters like compressibility, resolution, and bitrate. Also, choose the output format as the MP4. You can click the Format field to select the output format.
Step 3. Before compression, you need to set the folder to save the output file. Click the Save to field to choose the folder in the popup window. To start the compression, click the Compress button. The process needs a few minutes and then you can find the MP4 files in the folder.
Want to know more ways to convert TS files to MP4, read on 5 Quick Methods to Convert TS to MP4 Format on Windows/Mac/Online.
Part 2. 3 Optional Tools to Shrink a Large TS File Free and Online
There are some free online compressors to allow you to shrink TS files easily with a browser.
1.Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor
Vidmore Free Online Video Compressor is one of the best online tools to compress TS files. The simple and well-organized interface is friendly to everyone.
- Compress TS files 30 times faster than other free online compressors.
- Lossless technology to maintain the quality of the video during the compression.
- Support batch compression for processing multiple TS files at the same time.
- Lack of advanced editing features to upgrade video.
Step 1. Visit the website of Free Online Video Compressor. Click the Compress Now button to add TS files you want to compress.
Step 2. Select the output size to get the smaller file. Dragging the dot to adjust the compressibility. Then you can adjust output format, resolution, and bitrate. You can choose popular formats like MP4 format as the output format.
Step 3. You should click the Compress button to start the compression. When the compressing is finished, you can find the output file in the folder.
Clideo is another online tool to compress TS video files. Its well-designed interface and versatile editing features enable you to shrink TS files easily.
- Various basic editing features including merging, cropping, adding subtitles, and adding filters.
- Cut a video to remove the unwanted part and reduce size.
- Media library enables you to decorate your video.
- It’s not free.
Clipchamp is a versatile online compressor to shrink TS files. Its all-in-one functions allow you to compress and edit files flexibly.
- Keep the original TS video quality after the compression.
- Privacy protection can secure your personal information and files.
- Compress video for platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- It has a watermark on the video after the processing.
- The exporting of video is slow.
Part 3. FAQs of TS Video Compression
1. How long does it take to compress TS files using H.264?
It depends on the size of your files. You can compress 484MB files with H.264 and 15 MBPS in 2 minutes. But the TS file from DVD is always large. To compress a 9GB movie from DVD, you may need about 1 hour.
2. What are TS files?
TS (MPEG2-TS) is a format to store video and audio data on a DVD. It encodes video data with MEPG-2 (.MPEG). It is usually used to store streamed or broadcast video in digital systems like DVB, ATSC, and IPTV.
3. How can I open TS files on my phone?
Many professional media players support playing TS files on mobile devices. VLC Media Player is one of them. You can download it from Google Play or iPhone App Store.
This article shows you how to compress TS video files on desktop devices. You can use Vidmore Video Converter to shrink and edit your TS videos. Or you can use a free online tool like Free Online Video Compressor to compress easily.